Board of Education Members
Paula Hubbert, President
Mrs. Hubbert is serving her first term on the Bolivar R-1 Board of Education. Her term will end in 2019.
Kyle Lancaster, Vice President
Mr. Lancaster is serving his second term on the Bolivar R-1 Board of Education. His term will end in 2021.
Bill vanHoornbeek, Treasurer
Mr. vanHoornbeek is serving his second term on the Bolivar R-1 Board of Education. His term will end in 2020.
J. R. Collins
Mr. Collins is serving his third term on the Bolivar R-1 Board of Education. His term will end in 2019.
Mr. Duncan is serving his first term on the Bolivar R-1 Board of Education. His term will end in 2021.
Mr. Sheppeck is serving his first term on the Bolivar R-1 Board of Education. His term will end in 2020.
Brandon Van Deren
Mr. VanDeren is serving his first term on the Bolivar R-1 Board of Education. His term will end in 2020.
Board of Education Links:
2018 Outstanding Board of Education, Climate Culture and Organizational Efficacy
The Missouri School Boards' Association has selected 20 school boards as Missouri's Outstanding Boards of Education of 2018. The awards were announced at the MSBA Leadership Summit at the Lake of the Ozarks on June 2.
The Outstanding Boards of Education awards were aligned to six specific categories of the Missouri Public Education Vision Project. Winners in the respective category were selected by a committee made up of school board members from district throughout the state.
Bolivar R-1 won Climate, Culture and Organizational Efficacy.
2018 Governance Team Award
Twenty-four Missouri school boards have received the Missouri School Boards' Association's 2018 Governance Team Award. This prestigious award is based on those school boards' outstanding commitment to ongoing professional development in areas such as student achievement, school law and finance, board operations and contemporary issues in education. The award also recognizes their commitment to regional and statewide leadership and to active participation in legislative advocacy for public schools and the students they serve.
Bolivar R-1 met the following criteria:
- All seven school board members have completed the Essential certification from MSBA.
- the district is fully accredited.
- At least two board members in the district have attained the Advanced level of certification from MSBA.
- At least one board member in the district has attained the Master's level of certification.
- At least a quorum of the board and the superintendent attended the 2017 MSBA Annual Conference and a regional meeting during the past year.
- A representative attended the 2018 MSBA Legislative Forum.
- The District had a representative participation in MSBA's Delegate Assembly.
The 2018 Governance Team Award winners were recognized on June 2 during MSBA's Leadership summit at Lake of the Ozarks.